This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Disable uninstall

3 replies to this topic

posselt

posselt
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 17:24

I am trying to upgrade a project from IS Pro 6 to IS Developer 8. The project is just for adding a few extra settings and files to an application we install with our main installer and therefore we do not want it to be added to Add/Remove Applications in the control panel, and if we later run this installer again on a machine (the files and settings added by the installer changes from time to time) we just want the files and settings to be overwritten.
Finally we do not want any dialogs to pop up.
In the IS Pro 6 project I did this by simply putting an empty MaintenanceStart() function in my setup.rul file. But this does not work in IS Dev 8 and I cannot find a way to do this.
Anyone know how to do it?
Thanks!
Best regards
Peter Vestergaard

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 19:04

Does this article help:
http://support.insta...ticleid=Q105931

posselt

posselt
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 November 2004 - 08:11

It only applies to Developer v7, doesn't it?
However, I just came accross this article which includes a solution that actually did the job for me (and it seems like I can still set the INSTALLPATH):
http://forum.install...=ST&f=32&t=6878
My installation still appears in the add/remove control panel but now I can do a new install on top of the old one.
Thanks for your help anyway!
/Peter

mh8368

mh8368
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 21:07

I had this same issue, it is strange but this setting is actually located on the Release that you are using for the build. In DevX IDE, go to Prepare for Distribution | Release. The righ-hand pane will illustrate the release propeties. Scroll down the very bottom where you will see the property Hide Add/Remove...

Hope this works...

MjH