This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Major Upgrade not deleting files

2 replies to this topic

LouisLouis

LouisLouis
  • Full Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 21:36

Hi

I experience a strange behavior with a Major Upgrade:

In version 1 of my product I had files in a component (lets call it component A) that where associated with feature 1.

In version 2 of my product (which does a Major Upgrade over version 1) component A is still included (and has some updated files) but it is no longer associated with feature 1. (however component A is still associated with a feature 2 which is not used anymore and never installed)

When I install version 2 (only feature 1) from scratch, the files from component A are not installed as expected. No problem here.

BUT if I install version 2 (only feature 1) on version 1 forcing a Major Upgrade, not only do the files from component A are not deleted, they are actually updated with the newer version. Why would that be ??

Thanks,
Louis

VBScab

VBScab
  • Full Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 09:12

[deleted] I'm re-thinking my response

Edited by VBScab, 09 October 2008 - 09:14.

- Don't know why 'x' happened? Want to know why 'y' happened? ProcMon will tell you.
- Try using http://www.google.com before posting.
- I answer questions only via forums. Please appreciate the time I give here and don't send me personal emails.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 10:00

What do you have in the Remove column of the Upgrade table?
Generate a log to see if feature 2 gets installed.