This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Entry not removing frm Add/Remove list

3 replies to this topic

rjprasadch

rjprasadch
  • Full Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 11:21

Hi,

We are using Installscript for building the setup for our application.We have a problem with add/remove program in control panel.

When we try to uninstall our application using add/remove programs in control panel, it is uninstalling our application successfully. But it leaves our application entry in the add/remove programs list even after uninstallation.This is happening only on XP Machine. On 2000 and vista machines, application entry gets removed from add/remove programs list after uninstallation.

Is anyone having any idea why this is happending and is there any workaround to fix this problem.And what stage the entry from Add/remove programs is deleted.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 15:42

In some instances, the Add/Remove Program entries aren't automatically updated to reflect the uninstall results, so does the problem continue even after the dialog is closed & re-opened?
user posted image

rjprasadch

rjprasadch
  • Full Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 10:51

QUOTE (Taco Bell @ 2010-01-08 15:42)
In some instances, the Add/Remove Program entries aren't automatically updated to reflect the uninstall results, so does the problem continue even after the dialog is closed & re-opened?

Thank you very much for the reply. I have closed the Add/Remove Program dialog and opened, still that Application entry is there in the add/remove list

I deleted application registry entry from the registry, then the entry is removed from the Add/Remove list.

Can you please advise us to proceed further, like whether i have to remove the registry entry after uninstallation to fix the problem or do you have any other suggestions.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 17:00

You normally don't have to manually remove the associated registry entry, so I'm not sure then why you're experiencing this problem. Certainly that would be a workaround.

To try and understand why it's happening though, I would recommend running the InstallShield Log File Viewer from the IS Tools to review the included registry operations. I would also try running say Process Monitor from Sysinternals to watch the registry changes and see why it may be failing.

Hope it helps and good luck.
user posted image