This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

setup prerequisite problem

1 reply to this topic

elliot

elliot
  • Full Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 21:21

unsure.gif

I am using IS 10.5 with SP1.
In one of my basic MSI project, I want to run the SP1 for .NET Framework 1.1 (not the .NET 1.1 itself, but SP1 of it).

Microsoft suggest that the best way to determine if SP1 is already installed is to read a registry vaule and check it. The problem is that this value is a REG_DWORD value (and not a "regular" string value).

It seems that the setup prerequisite fail to read a non-string registry value. Did anyone have any success in doing that?

Thanks.

Igal

elliot

elliot
  • Full Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 06:44

Hi all,

regarding my problem, here is what the IS tech support engineer have wrote to me:

"This is currently a known issue with InstallShield 10.5. This issue has been submitted to our Development team as work order #1-19T8GD.

Currently there is no workaround for this issue. Our Development team is investigating this issue, but at this moment, there is no estimated time frame for when this issue will be fixed."

Just wanted you to be aware of that issue.

Igal