This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

using property value by executable

4 replies to this topic

gil_geron

gil_geron
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 13:56

hello,
i have 2 question:
1. i have an executable that is installed with the product and i run it by adding parameters in the command line. can i use Property values in the Command line?
i would like to use somthing like [InstallDir] and that the installer will replace it with it's value.
2. is there a property that hold the Msi path?
thanks,
Gil

vijayakumar

vijayakumar
  • Full Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 05:04

Hi Gil,
1. Not sure if i understood ur question correctly. If u need to run an executable (that is getting installed) from the InstallDir during the phase of installation, then the answer is yes. You can use the property value and execute the exe.

Note: Make sure if you use [INSTALLDIR] use it in caps. Property values are case sensitive.

2. If you require the path where the msi is being executed from, then use [SourceDir] property.

Hope this helps.

VJ

gil_geron

gil_geron
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 08:31

1. thanks ,you realy helped me alot.
2. is there a property indicating the name of the caller file (same as [SourceDir] but only that includs file name.
gil

vijayakumar

vijayakumar
  • Full Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 09:44

Hi Gil,

If you require the property with the MSI Name with the path, then try using [OriginalDatabase] property

BTW, can you tell me what for you require this property?

/VJ

gil_geron

gil_geron
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 15:10

i am running a script which extracts a file from the binary of the msi so i need to now where he is and whats his name...
gil