This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Update not removing Add/Remove Instance

4 replies to this topic

Daywalker46410

Daywalker46410
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 August 2003 - 00:49

I have a InstallShield Express v4.0 SP1 app that does a complete install if a previous version doesn't exist or updates if the previous version does exist. I have MinVersion and MaxVersion turned off b/c I want every version patched to the new release. This all works fine, except I have noticed that the previous versions are not being removed from the Add/Remove Programs list. Is there a way to correct this?
Joe Cody
Internal Software Development
Allied Tube & Conduit

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 30 August 2003 - 07:55

did you change the ProductCode but keep the UpgradeCode? Also double check that you specified the correct upgrade code

Daywalker46410

Daywalker46410
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 August 2003 - 13:23

I'm using the same ISE file each time and just re-generating a Product Code and re-building. This ensures that my Upgrade Code is the same. Do I have to have MinVersion and MaxVersion on?

Edited by Daywalker46410, 30 August 2003 - 13:26.

Joe Cody
Allied Tube & Conduit

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 01 September 2003 - 13:23

This should work properly. Generate a log file of your update to see why the uninstall of the old version fails.

Daywalker46410

Daywalker46410
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 September 2003 - 12:05

I actually got this fixed over the weekend. I thought that by turning off the MinVersion and MaxVersion options in the UpgradePaths that it would get all the versions with the same matching Update Codes. Apparently this is not the case. Once I went back and added all the other versions it worked fine. Go figure.

Thanks for the assistance!

Edited by Daywalker46410, 02 September 2003 - 12:07.

Joe Cody
Allied Tube & Conduit