This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Where to place custom action

3 replies to this topic

afriedman

afriedman
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 17:27

I need to launch an installed executable that depends on an assembly being GAC'd. I know that assemblies are committed to the GAC during the InstallFinalize CA, but I need my CA to launch during the ExecuteDeferred sequence using the System Context so that it will work using ActiveDirectory on a Locked Down system.

Is there anyway to make this work without putting the custom action in the ExecuteImmediate sequence?

Any help is appreciated!

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 09:26

Have you tried a deferred custom action flagged with system context execution directly prior to InstallFinalize? InstallFinalize starts the transaction of the install and hence essentially runs the script "again" from InstallInitialize to InstallFinalize. Files should therefore be on disk when you reach this position in deferred context. Sorry if I misinterpreted the question.

Edited by Glytzhkof, 13 August 2004 - 09:27.

Regards
-Stein Åsmul

afriedman

afriedman
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 17:18

I added a custom action directly before InstallFinalize within the ExecuteDeferred sequence with System Context flag set. The problem is that the assemblies are not committed to the GAC until the InstallFinalize custom action in the ExecuteDeferred sequence is run.

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 14 August 2004 - 07:37

It is not really conceptually clean, but a commit custom action might do it.
Regards
-Stein Åsmul