This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

ISRT.BrowseForFolder Error?

3 replies to this topic

arfinsd

arfinsd
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 November 2001 - 18:23

Hey everyone,

When I go through my setup, I get to the dialog that allows me to choose the target directory and which components I want to install.  If I choose the default directory, and begin to install (files start transferring)......cancel out before it completes.

Then if I re-start the installation, and choose a different directory,  I immediately get the following error when I click OK for the new directory:

Error Number: 0x80040704
Dll function call resulted in bad stack
Possible incorrect prototyping: ISRT.BrowseForFolder

I have upgraded from IS6.22 to IS6.3, and was wondering if anybody knows how to deal with this error?  Is this a bug in IS6.3?  You can post a reply or send me an email at: alex.ferguson@solimarsystems.com

Thanks,

Alex

lasenbby

lasenbby
  • Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 27 November 2001 - 19:55

You should read the bug lists.  I think I read one about cancelling out in the file xfer that may be related.  I think you are going to find that "all bets are off" if you cancel in the middle of the file xfer.  

arfinsd

arfinsd
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 November 2001 - 20:52

Thanks for the suggestion, and this error seems to be ongoing as I read in the bugs section.  We found out how to get rid of the error in our case if anybody is interested.

We were compiling and building our project using the command line:  compile.exe and build.exe

In the script we were using code that looked similar to the following:

Compile "C:\My Installations\Test Pad\Script Files\Setup.rul" Ifx.obl Isrt.obl -libpath"C:\Program Files\InstallShield\Professional 6.3\Script\Ifx\Lib" -libpath"C:\Program Files\InstallShield\Professional 6.3\Script\Isrt\Lib" -i"C:\Program Files\InstallShield\Professional 6.3\Script\Ifx\Include;C:\Program Files\InstallShield\Professional 6.3\Script\Isrt\Include"

Note that after the -i switch, there is a semicolon separating the two paths.  We changed the code so that it looked as such following the -i switch:

-i"C:\Program Files\InstallShield\Professional 6.3\Script\Ifx\Include" -i"C:\Program Files\InstallShield\Professional 6.3\Script\Isrt\Include"

Note here there are two distinct paths, each having it's own -i switch....for some reason it seems like the ISRT include directory wasn't being included in the compilation.

This eliminated the problem for us.  The funny thing about this is that the previous script worked with version 6.22 which we had loaded earlier.  We upgraded to 6.3 and encountered this problem.

Hope it helps.

Alex

bobhickey

bobhickey
  • Full Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 January 2002 - 20:01

I just started getting this same error.  It occurs with a production installer I built and am shipping.  It only occurs when I set my target folder to be a network drive on our Windows NT network.  Any thoughts?

I have installed it onto my local drive and uninstalled with no problems.