This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Uninstallation in Non-Admin mode

4 replies to this topic

amitprs2003

amitprs2003
  • Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 17:14

I have made installer using InstallShield Developer 7 and for uninstallation i'm using "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\Driver\7\INTEL3~1\IDriver.exe /M{Product Code}". It's working fine in Admin mode but when i try to uninstall the product from Add/Remove Programs in non-admin mode, a dialog box appears with progress bar says "Setup is preparing the InstallShield Wizard, which will guide you through the program setup process. Please wait." and then it disappears w/o doing anything.

(I have not given maintenance dialog in uninstaller, direct uninstallation. Also i checked setup.ilg file, it's not deleted/missplaced.)

Can anyone please tell me the reason? i need urgent help.

With Thanks & Best Regards,
Amit.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 20:48

Moving question to the correct forum

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 20:48

If you are installing for ALLUSERS from an admin account, you must do the same for uninstall.

amitprs2003

amitprs2003
  • Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 13:47

Thanks for your reply. But it didn't work for me.
I have created the setup using Standard Project and i'm not giving CustomerInformation Dialog, instead i have added "ALLUSERS =2" in Property Manager. Is it not right? please let me know.

One thing i have noticed that when i changed the security settings of "setup.ilg" file for Everyone in Admin mode, then it's asked for uninstalling the installed product after showing progress bar in Non-Admin mode, otherwise it didn't. But after changing the security settings of "setup.ilg" file to Everyone, i found one difference in non-admin mode. In Admin mode, the progress bar window shows "My Product is preparing the InstallShield Wizard, which will guide you through the program setup process. Please wait." while in non-admin mode, it says "Setup is preparing the Maintenance Wizard, which will guide you through the program setup process. Please wait." why is such difference?

Please help me soon.

With Thanks & Best Regards,
Amit.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 16:27

One product can be installed in different contexts: for user A, for user B, and/or for all users (per-machine). It can only be uninstalled in the same context in which it was installed.
ALLUSERS=2 will install the product per-machine (for all users) if run by an administrator, but only for the current user when run by a restricted user.