This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Warn user that older version will be REPLACED

3 replies to this topic

suvidha

suvidha
  • Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 16 March 2002 - 02:24

Software: ISWI 2.0

I am doing a major upgrade which works fine, i.e. it removes older version and installs the new one.
What i want to do is to, show a message box/dialog box saying "An older version of 'our product' has been found. This installation will remove it and then install the new one. Do you want to proceed? Yes/No"

if user presses yes, only then the installation should take place, otehrwise the process should abort.

Can anyone help me in this.
It is kind of urgent!

thanks
suvidha

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 16 March 2002 - 08:10

Create the dialog in dialog editor. Put a condition on it that uses the property you set in the Upgrade table.

suvidha

suvidha
  • Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 21 March 2002 - 20:11

I put the new dialog box just after 'Liscence agreement' dialog and before 'Destination Folder', as you said. But i am not able to figure out what condition should i put in the 'Next button' of 'liscence dialog' and back button of 'Destination Folder'.

i tried :-
UpgradeCode="{1234556}"
where 123456 is the code written in Upgrade table for that project.

Now, the dialog box comes up every time of installation when it should NOT show up while doing a minor upgrade.
We want to support multiple version of our product (major versions). And minor ones should be overwritten.

Please tell me what the condition should look like.
suvidha

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 22 March 2002 - 14:24

Use the property you specified in the rightmost column of the upgrade table