This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Upgrading Installscript MSI to basic MSI

2 replies to this topic

jonrodgerwood

jonrodgerwood
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 18:14

We are migrating our installer from an installscript MSI to a basic MSI. However, when doing a major upgrade between the two versions, everything works fine EXCEPT that the old installations icon is left in the add remove programs dialog. Please help. I've been pulling my hair out over this. I've run the upgrade validation wizard between the two MSI's and everything should work fine. Could this be a bug in DevStudio 9?[B]

Thanks!

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 08:15

If you are doing a major upgrade, then this should remove the old version.

Maybe run the upgrade install with logging to see that it is actually detecting the old install and upgrading it. This should be in the first couple of lines in the log.

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 08:32

Where is this icon taken from? Is it an index into an EXE or is it cached to the %SYS32%\INSTALLER[PRODUCTGUID] folder? Icons are cached on a system and to see a change in an icon that is already cached on the system you need to call the Windows API to refresh the icon cache. Not sure if this is the problem here, just guessing.
Regards
-Stein Åsmul