This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Installation/Uninstallation says "Invalid Drive: g:\"

1 reply to this topic

suvidha

suvidha
  • Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 11 February 2002 - 08:55

Operating System: Windows 2000
Machine: HP

when i install my application it says "Invalid Drive: g:\" and aborts the process. Then i map a drive to ANY other  machine and call that drive as  "G:\" ...after this, installation works fine.

Same happens while uninstallation.
It looks like installshield  needs drive "g:\" for some reason.

Note: My application works fine on other machines (  on win 2000) ...the problem shows only on this HP box.

Please tell me if this is a bug in installshield and if  i need to do something in my project to avoid this problem.

This is urgent.
Thanks!

suvidha

suvidha
  • Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 12 February 2002 - 00:13

ok...found the solution, on page:-
http://www.installsi...ages....olution is:-
1327 - Invalid drive: X:\
X:\ may be any drive.

If a directory (or drive) is listed in the Directory Table and that directory is not available during installation, then the MSI Engine will halt and complain that the directory is not found even if that directory is not used as a destination path. You may encounter this when users have their "Personal" and "My Pictures" locations set to a server that is a mapped drive, and the mapped drive is offline during installation.

Remove any rows for directories that are not being used in your setup from the directory table.