This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Registry Table

10 replies to this topic

desiree

desiree
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 November 2001 - 14:56

I have 'nt the registry table in my power editor
I have WI 1.5

Thank for your help

tsweet

tsweet
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 November 2001 - 21:26

The registry table is not accessible in that manner from InstallShield.  
You need to get a program called ORCA.  It is free and is part of the Microsoft Platform SDK.  Go to msdn.micrsoft.com.  I am not sure of the correct address to get it.  
Try
The Platform SDK can be downloaded from http://www.microsoft...msdk/sdkupdate/
You can then edit the registry table after you build your MSI file in InstallShield

Ian Blake

Ian Blake
  • Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 30 November 2001 - 23:35

With ISWI 1.5 there is a section entitled Registry Data under each component of the setup design.  This is equivalent to the registry table.  

I am a little hazy on 1.5 now, but the Registry Data table is definately available under each component.

desiree

desiree
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 December 2001 - 10:03

thank for all, i trying orca. but i don't understand why regisry keys affect to a component, are not delete when i uninstall the component !

an idea ?

thank you

Ian Blake

Ian Blake
  • Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 03 December 2001 - 12:28

You need to enter a value name '-' or '*'
- means remove when the component is removed
* means create key when the component  is installed and remove it when the component is removed
+ means create the key when the product is installed (This allow you to create a key with no values).

desiree

desiree
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 December 2001 - 13:01

i am ok with your explication, but for exemple if i have a tree of registry key :

key1/key2/key3

i put * for the last key and that remove all the tree, i would like remove juste the last one, because, i can install a second time my application with an other name. This different name is the key3.

thank you for you help an perhaps an other idea !

desiree

desiree
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 December 2001 - 13:01

i am ok with your explication, but for exemple if i have a tree of registry key :

key1/key2/key3

i put * for the last key and that remove all the tree, i would like remove juste the last one, because, i can install a second time my application with an other name. This different name is the key3.

thank you for you help an perhaps an other idea !

Ian Blake

Ian Blake
  • Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 04 December 2001 - 10:57

You will need to define a value under the key and set this  as the keyfile of a component.  This way the Installer will know the component  belongs to more than one product and process it as necessary.

desiree

desiree
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 December 2001 - 14:04

Can you give me an exemple please ?
I am sure that is the goog anwser, but i have not anderstand  all your explication

Thank for all

Ian Blake

Ian Blake
  • Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 04 December 2001 - 15:06

Go to the registry section under the component view of ISWI.   Create a registry value in the normal way.   Right click the value and choose the option to Set as Key.  This will remove the keyfile status of the file previously associated with the component.  You may wish to create a new component just to contain the registry keys.

If you are using ORCA.  Create the registry value in the registry table.   Note the name in the Registry ifier and Component_ fields .   Go to the Component Table and select the row identified by the Registry table component_ field.  Set the KeyPath of the Component to the Registry field of the Registry table.

Note the registry values +,-,* are not suitable as component key values.

desiree

desiree
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 December 2001 - 14:49

Thank for your explication, but my problem was that my registry key it was a public property, and in the uninstall script this property was not use. So the script dont found the registry key.

Thank