This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Stuck on Initialization Dialog

6 replies to this topic

lavinia

lavinia
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 November 2001 - 23:25

The Initialization Dialog hang at 100% for more than 2 minutes even I ran the setup locally without any major applications running
The screen shows "Product_Name Setup is preapring the InstallShield® wizard which will guide you through the rest of the setup process.  Please wait."

Perotin

Perotin
  • Full Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 07 November 2001 - 09:33

What operation system do you use?
Does this occur on Win9x, NT, Win2k, perhaps XP?
If you run the task manager on NT, is there a task called _ins5576._mp (numbers may vary) consuming up to 100% cpu time?

lavinia

lavinia
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 November 2001 - 15:32

I did see the  _INS5576.tmp file but it did not utilize 100% CPU on NT or W2K but the initialization dialog still display 100% for a minutes or so then the setup continue.

Perotin

Perotin
  • Full Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 09 November 2001 - 08:59

at least setup continues ...
on my home pc, some installations didn't continue on win2k. they stuck on initialization bar and never made it to the script ...
perhaps there is a second IS engine running? i often see that an installation is kind of blocked by an engine already running ... no workaround found yet.

Blake Miller Wonder

Blake Miller Wonder
  • Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 20 November 2001 - 01:47

Also check ALL your temporary directories and make sure you do not have some old _istmp???? directories lying around.  Sometimes they are not removed by InstallShield after a setup exits, and I have seen later setups get confused by this.
For that matter, make sure you HAVE a temp directory set in the environment.  Make it something besides Windows or the Windows system folder.

Perotin

Perotin
  • Full Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 20 November 2001 - 15:39

there was something about more than 100 is temp directories, but when i tested this, the next setup had no problem creating a different temp directory.
it should be no problem up to at least 1000 temp directories called _istmp*.dir.

Jochen

Jochen
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 November 2001 - 15:38

Hi,

sometimes InstallShield gets trouble with some Microsoft Applications like the OSA.EXE or MAPISP32.EXE (installed with MS Office). Try to check the task manager if the OSA.EXE, MAPISP32.EXE or something like this is running.  

Hope it helps.

Regards,
 Jochen