This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

uninstall string in registry

2 replies to this topic

saurabhgupta1403

saurabhgupta1403
  • Full Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 12:05

Hello All,

I created one msi using installshield and put some files in it. When i install it on the machine, it makes a registry entry in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\[ProductCode]

However, the uninstall string for this msi says "msiexec /I[ProductCode] . Since to uninstall the msi using product code, we have to use /x instead of /I, so this string seems wrong to me. I checked for other msi installed on the system. For some, the uninstall string shows "/x" and for some it says "/I".

Is there any way, i can edit the uninstall string made in registry of msi.

Thanks,
Saurabh Gupta

VBScab

VBScab
  • Full Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 14:21

Don't worry about it. Most of the MS apps are "wrong" but WI is intelligent enough to determine that a product is laready installed and offers the Remove/Repair option as appropriate.
- Don't know why 'x' happened? Want to know why 'y' happened? ProcMon will tell you.
- Try using http://www.google.com before posting.
- I answer questions only via forums. Please appreciate the time I give here and don't send me personal emails.

saurabhgupta1403

saurabhgupta1403
  • Full Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 18:27

QUOTE (VBScab @ 2010-07-12 14:21)
Don't worry about it. Most of the MS apps are "wrong" but WI is intelligent enough to determine that a product is laready installed and offers the Remove/Repair option as appropriate.

Actually, my msi is supposed to run only in silent mode. So, for end user, if he tries to uninstall it using the uninstall string in registry, it can be an error.