This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

modify and repair in maintenance dialog

2 replies to this topic

hsong3

hsong3
  • Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 20:49

hello

how do i control modify and repair in maintenance dialog??

-with modify option, i would like to use previously entered-datas (informations, which user uses during first install). it looks like if i use registry to store all the information, it might work. but is there any other method??

-during repair, i would like to keep some files (but not componets) such as .ini or .bat if there has been some changes since the first installation. do i need to use registry here as well?? if yes, how do i keep file entries in registry??

thank you

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 03:45

Question 1 - what type of data do you need to keep?

Question 2 - This all depends on how you have setup your project in regards to the key files, and also have a look at the repair options "ReinstallMode" property which may solve some of your problems.

hsong3

hsong3
  • Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 14:57

thank you for your answers.

Question 1:

I would like to keep some user informations that user entered. such as previously entered user ID or password, selected files...(some of check box items too)

Question 2:

In my property, I have ReinstallModeText and it has value of 'omus'. I even substitude 'e' and 'p' instead of 'o' but they don't seem to work. should i change them to key file??

I need to keep ini file and batch files if there were some changes made after the first installation. The repair seems to delete every files then installs new files. I tried several things and they all failed. I could write a script to copy these files to temp directory before the install and copy them back. but i am looking for other options.

thank you