This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

CA launching cmd.exe

3 replies to this topic

mbmcbride

mbmcbride
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 23:27

Hello, I am trying to create a custom action that will run the following command line:
cmd.exe /c start /wait "" "c:\program files\common files\mycompany\myprogram.exe" /MyParameter

I created a custom action type 34 (launch an executable stored in the directory table - SystemFolder) with Target
cmd.exe /c start /wait "" "[INSTALLDIR]myprogram.exe" /MyParameter

When I run the install, the CA runs, but the cmd box only flashes and does not actually run my executable with the parameter.

If I create an install without the CA and run the command line from Start, Run, it works fine.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated!!
Note: I get the same results on NT and 2000 (I have not bothered to test it on XP yet).

Thank you,
mmcbride

Neo

Neo
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 16:27

Hi,

I am not able to get it working either. sad.gif If possible, try launching the executable directly as a executable custom action. This might resolve the issue.

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 18:53

Try putting the actual launch executable command line and parameters into a batch file, then launch the batch file as explained here: http://support.insta...ticleid=q106204
Regards
-Stein Åsmul

baking

baking
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 14:22

Have you tried changing the /c to a /k ? That will keep the command window open and you can see if you get an error message.