This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Deinstallation w/o orig. Setup.msi

3 replies to this topic

unwise.exe

unwise.exe
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 September 2002 - 18:19

I'm using InstallShield Windows Installer Edt. v2.02, and my setup is creating a standalone Setup.msi file.

When the user is uninstalling the programs installed by Setup.msi, the InstallShield wizard requires the original Setup.msi file.

The problem is: In case it cannot be re-located, the programs cannot be uninstalled!

With another InstallShield project, I was able to get around this "bug" by changing the sequence of a Custom Action.
This time, I testwise removed all Custom Actions, already.

Help! & Thanks for any ideas.

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 02 October 2002 - 08:39

There is a standard action called ResolveSource, make sure this has a condition of "NOT REOMVE".
This will then use not call this action when you remove the product. The system cached copy of the msi will be used.

unwise.exe

unwise.exe
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 October 2002 - 08:18

Thanks. - I re-created the setup from the scratch, and now it works (BTW - there's still no condition on executing ResolveSource). - Do you mean the original setup.msi is needed at any rate, when it's been removed from the cache?

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 07 October 2002 - 08:55

Your system cached copy will have a resolve source action and a condition on it. This will be used for the uninstall.