This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

icon change

1 reply to this topic

MetinSenkal

MetinSenkal
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 October 2001 - 17:34

hi all,

How can I change standard installer icon on the title bar, left of the [Product Name].  First of all, how can I generate a bitmap with extension ".ibd" and is it possible to use that bitmap for the title bar not for the dialog.

And if solution requires modifying .msi file, i need to compress all files into a setup.exe, so is it possible to first generate .msi and modify it and convert back it to .ism and generate .exe file? I have read some related notes in the forum, but still I can't get the point, maybe this is because I have never used ORCA or any other tool, isn't there any easy way to do that with ISWI 2.03?

Thanks,
Metin SENKAL

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 18 October 2001 - 19:40

I don't think you can change the icon in the upper left corner of the dialog caption bar. I believe it comes from the msiexec runtime engine.
You can change the bitmap that is displayed in the white banner on the dialogs.
As far as I know, an .ibd for that purpose would be a normal .bmp file renamed to .ibd