This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Hiding the SetupCompleteSuccess dialog

5 replies to this topic

jimbassett

jimbassett
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 15:59

On the SetupCompleteSuccess we have a button control that when click calls a custom action(VBS) that in turn calls a .NET assembly dll that displays a Wizard. The problem we are having is that the SetupCompleteSuccess dialog remains on top in view and the requirement is for the SetupCompleteSuccess dialog to not show. We haven't been able to find a way to hide the SetupCompleteSuccess dialog and we have also discovered that the VBS is waiting on the .NET wizard to finish. Any ideas how to do this?

Edited by jimbassett, 02 August 2005 - 16:06.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 19:55

Change your custom action to asynchronous.

Jim Bassett

Jim Bassett
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 04:44

I have the Custom Action set to asynchronous so that can't be the problem.

jimbassett

jimbassett
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 16:59

I did find some information that the asynchronous feature will only wait if the custom action calls an execuable. It may be that a VBS that in turn creates an instance of a dll forces the Custom action to wait. The VBS is is stored in the MSI binary table.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 14:02

The VBS is is stored in the MSI binary table

I guess that's the problem. If Windows Instalelr didn't wait in this case, it would clean up the temp files, thus delete the VBS file, before the script has completed running.

jimbassett

jimbassett
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 14:28

Thanks Stefan. We are going to develop a VB6 exe and pass in a string of XML containing the data to do what we need done after an installation has completed. Many of us have found the development of MSI based installations a challenge equal to development of the applications that are being installed and then some!