This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Dialog upon uninstall

5 replies to this topic

haroldxious

haroldxious
  • Full Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 06:11

This FileInUse Ddialog only popup for me in vista, i want to remove it because at the end of my installation and uninstallation im prompting a reboot dialog.

I have read that in the Dialog Editor, Dialog table, setting the Attributes value of FilesInUse and MsiRMFilesInUse to 0, will make the dialog not to display.

is this true? i know that the attribute values are dialog stylebits, but i dont see any value of 0 in the msdn. and why is it that before i change it to 0 the value is 19.
http://msdn2.microso...y/aa368285.aspx

and im thinkin why is it that it only happens in vista?

see attachment below

Attached Images

• dialog.JPG

Edited by haroldxious, 23 May 2007 - 07:52.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 14:36

Vista has an improved restart maager which also detects services that are locking files. On previous Windows versions servcies were not detected.

mpento

mpento
  • Full Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 17:48

I am having this same issue in Vista only as well.

Is there a safe way around it or is this expected behavior with the new operating system?

Thanks,
Mike
Michael J. Pento

Independent InstallShield Contractor
mjpento@NO_SPAM.comcast.net

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 11:15

It's expected behaviour.

haroldxious

haroldxious
  • Full Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 06:09

is there a way to hide the restart manager dialog? coz after i set the Attributes value of FilesInUse and MsiRMFilesInUse to 0 im having an error in vista when im uninstalling it..it says that the MsiRMFilesInUse cannot have an argument of 6..

can you help me on this matter.. i just wnat to bypass the dialog if possible..not to display it.

m.nouryan

m.nouryan
  • Full Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 20:08

have you tried to stop the application/service that uses the file? I had the same problem and got it resolved by a custom action that shuts down the application.