This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

File extension association with a twist

2 replies to this topic

HahtokariMika

HahtokariMika
  • Full Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 07:28

Hi,

I need to create MSI package that changes .dwg file type properties with following logic.

- If autocad is installed let .dwg association point to autocad. So no changes to system.

- If autocad has not installed. Program a.exe (a component of mine installation) should open the file when double cliked.

So far i have managed to create a system search ACADINSTALLED that looks c:\acad folder existence.

Also i have managed to create a.exe component that opens .dwg files when double cliked.

If i create a separate component that has only a information necessary to associate .dwg to a components key file i'm unable to bind it specifically to a.exe. Instead .dwg open command points to key file of component.

How do i associate .dwg to a.exe so that i can choose whether i do it or not at install time.

antyagi

antyagi
  • Full Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 15:41

You may create a new component that creates this registry entry. This component should be installed when your a.exe is getting installed AND the autocad is not installed.
  ankur tyagi

HahtokariMika

HahtokariMika
  • Full Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 11:07

Thanks, i'll try that one.
Not as clean solution as i hoped for, but i need to make this fast.