This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

SQL catalog name property in IScript?

1 reply to this topic

BFealy

BFealy
  • Full Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 17:46

I've got a pure InstallScript installer and I'm attempting to connect to a SQL server and run scripts.

The scripts need to be run against an existing catalog, the name of which needs to be gathered from the user.

My question is: Which property/variable is used for the name of the database being conected to?

I know in any msi-based installation if I set IS_SQLSERVER_DATABASE, I can manipulate which catalog is being connected to. What can I set in a pure InstallScript project?

Any help is appreciated.

Brian

BFealy

BFealy
  • Full Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 15:44

An update in case someone searches and hits this message...

I had to change ONSQLServerInitialize to use SQLRTCONNECTDB instead of SQLCONNECTRT2 , the DB function allows specification of a database / catalog in its command line.

Still don't have a way to make a pretty browse dialog, but the user can manually enter a catalog name via a dialog I inserted after the SQLServerSelectLogin dialog in the OnSQLServerInitialize function.