This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How To Activate Readme.TXT - Use following method

9 replies to this topic

sanjoygr

sanjoygr
  • Full Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 15:08

Hi Guys,
I was strugling to activate the readme.txt of my application after setup finsh action.

It is very simple.

Just follow the following steps.

1.Navigate to the Dialogs view and open the Dialog Layout for the SetupCompleteSuccess dialog.
2.Set the TabStop of the Bitmap dialog control to True.
3.Give the ReadMe check box control a value (by default there is no value) in the Value property.
4.Navigate to the Property Manager view.
5.Create the SHOWLAUNCHREADME property with a value of -1.
6.Create the READMEFILETOLAUNCHATEND with a value of 1.
7.Open the Custom Actions view.
8.Create an InstallScript custom action that launches an executable and create a ReadMe file. Working directory SystemFolder, Filename: naotepad [INSTALLDIR]\Readme.txt, Return Processing: Asynchronous (wait for exist code).
Immediate execution.
9.Navigate to the Sequences view.
10.Insert this custom action as a new DoAction event on the Behavior of the SetupCompleteSuccess dialog for the OK button.
11.As a condition on the new Doaction add the LAUNCHREADME property and set it equal to the value specified for the check box in step 3.
12.(Optional) If you want the ReadMe check box selected by default, add the LAUNCHREADME property in the Property Manager. If you do not create this property, the dialog will display the check box, but will not have it selected by
default.

I think it is very simple now.

Thanks
Sanjoy

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 22:52

Can you get the custom action to work without the conditions?

Also, run the install with versbose logging, and double check all of your custom action path values.

sanjoygr

sanjoygr
  • Full Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 06:20

1. U can get the custom action to work but it will not work just after the clicking of finish button without condition.

2. I dont know what is verbose loging?

3. Presently I am having a lot of problem in fixing a problem of giving fixed folder name and variable drive as per user selection for INSTALLDIR.
The detail of which is is explained in the following address.
http://forum.install...topic=14527&hl=
If u know the solution please let help me out.

thanks
sanjoy

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 01:16

verbose logging is the logging of the installation, using as much logging as possible from the msi install process.

msiexec /I <MSIfile.msi> /L*V c:\mylog.txt

I am just rereading your issue again, so and I am just a bit confused on what your actual problem is.

Are you saying that if you do NOT set the property LAUNCHREADME, the custom action does not work?
Or are you saying that the check box is not crossed?

To have the check box crossed, you will have to set the check box property.

sanjoygr

sanjoygr
  • Full Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 06:59

Dear Luke,
I have no problem with read me.
My present problem is with Changing INSTALLDIR flolder name on run time.
I want to change the folder name say MyFixedFolder under the selected drive which the user selects.
For this I have written a VBScript in a CA.
I have called the custom action in DOAction on the OK push buttom control InstallChangeDestination dialog.

1. Internal runtime problem of cannot write the script. "Internal Error 2762 from CA"
2. Vbscript code given in code.

CODE

<script language="vbscript">
<HTML>
<BODY>  
<%
Option Explicit
Dim MyFixFolderName,InstallDefaultPath
Dim InstallDefaultFolder

MyFixFolderName="THRTE_4.7.5\"

InstallDefaultPath = Session.Property("INSTALLDIR")
InstallDefaultPath = Trim(InstallDefaultPath)
Session.Property("INSTALLDIR") = Left(InstallDefaultPath,3) & MyFixFolderName
Session.Property("_BrowseProperty")=Session.Property("INSTALLDIR")

%>    
  </Script>
 </HTML>
 </BODY>

Thanks
Sanjoy

pi3k

pi3k
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 19:44

I was able to get the readme to show up, using this method, on install, but it also shows up on uninstall. Is there a way to hide it at the end of the uninstall?

Thanks,
Brad

sanjoygr

sanjoygr
  • Full Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 06:58

To stop readme from showing at Uninstallation
Add Condition REMOVE ~<>"ALL" in the condition property of custom action.
Then it will not come while uninstallation.

I want to know do u work on web based project setup creation.
I want to know how can we create a website in IIS not under default website of IIS.

If u know please put some hints.

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 11:31

You might also try admin installs and advertised installs as well and condition the file to open or not as appropriate.
Regards
-Stein Åsmul

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 23:09

Is the ISS install acutally using "INSTALLDIR" as the location to place its files or is it using another path variable. INSTALLDIR is install shield specific so its possible the INSTALLDIR path is being set correctly, but it is not being used.

Did you run the install with logging enabled? If you have, then you should be able to look through the log, determine if INSTALLDIR is being set correctly, and what property the IIS install is using to determine where the files install to.

sanjoygr

sanjoygr
  • Full Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 15:01

Dear Luke_s,
I have described the full problem of IIS WEb Site creation in following
" How To Create WebSite in IIS, Using InstallShield 11.0 WebProj"

If possible please let me know the solution

Thanks
Sanjoy