This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Doing Repair asks for CD or location of install

3 replies to this topic

darenko

darenko
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 March 2002 - 19:10

I am having a problem.  After I install my product, if I go to the add\remove programs on my win2k pro box and select change on my product I just installed, when I try to repair my product, it prompts me for the CD or Network location if I took out the CD or disconnected form the network that had the media that was used to install.  

I tried to put Not Installed on the ResolveSource Standard Action, but that did not seem to work.  Anyone have any ideas?  Thanks in advance!
[b]darenko[b][br][i]darenko[i][br][b]installer[b][br]

Ian Blake

Ian Blake
  • Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 22 March 2002 - 09:42

I am confused.  A repair is a reinstallation.   Why do you expect this to do without the source media?

darenko

darenko
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 March 2002 - 00:34

shouldn't the first install have all the files cached on the machine so you would not need the media?
[b]darenko[b][br][i]darenko[i][br][b]installer[b][br]

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 24 March 2002 - 06:42

No, only the msi file (with the installation logic) but not all of your application files. Windows Installer does not automatically copy the whole installation CD to the user's hard disk.