This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Error 1608: Unable to create InstallDriver Instanc

2 replies to this topic

Shelley229

Shelley229
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 August 2002 - 19:43

I am getting the 1608 unable to installdriver instance.  I have tried absolutely everything I think.  I have Client for Microsoft Networks installed, I'm using InstallShield Developer 7.04.  I heard this was a bug in 7.02 and that they supposedly fixed it.  Maybe they never really fixed it?  I have tried reinstalling ISScript.msi and all of the things from the knowledge base on InstallShield's site.  I cannot install anything on the computer now and it's happened on 3 computers all running Win 2k.  I even made a simple test program with only one file and that won't install either.  Someone please help!

LK4U

LK4U
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 September 2002 - 11:54

hi, a client of me get the same error on win2k with IS7.01.
And we cannot resolve the problem doing all of the things inside ID: Q105416.
But still I am thinking its a problem of the rights.
My client said to me he has admin-rights, may be. In my script I am asking 4 admin-rights, but this error occurs before at an Installation. So I am waiting 4 a detail-button in an error-message of IS.

hambone

hambone
  • Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 25 September 2002 - 18:26

hi lk4u,

this might be a off-issue question but you say that the error occurs "... before an installation" ?  

is it possible that your 1608 error is being returned by msiexec ( as in the "unknown property" error ) ?  

rather then the 1608 error relating to the "Could not find any previously installed compliant products on the machine for installing this product" ?

maybe ?  maybe not ?