This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Disable from Add/Remove programs

3 replies to this topic

vishwa

vishwa
  • Full Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 April 2003 - 17:15

I would like to know if there is a way to avoid my program from appearing in the Add/Remove programs after installation.

The problem is that my program is installed separately, but the uninstallation is through the uninstall of another program that is already installed. Hence, I cannot delete the registry key under
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\<GUID> as uninstallation would not happen at all.
At the same time, I do not want to see my program in the Add/Remove programs, since it should not be uninstalled separately.

Please let me know any workaround in this regard.

Thanks..

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 25 April 2003 - 15:04

Removing or renaming (via get, create 'new', & delete 'old' value) the underling DisplayName registry value from that previously mentioned location will hide it from the Add/Remove Program listing, but still keep the uninstall process intact.
user posted image

tl0

tl0
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 05 September 2003 - 21:29

this doesn't work on xp.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 10 September 2003 - 18:47

I assure you that it does work, so make sure you have IS Pro 6.31 to properly support Windows XP and that this platform is selected in your project properties.
user posted image