This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Posting Customer Data to MySQL

6 replies to this topic

Dev_Company

Dev_Company
  • Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 21:37

Hello everyone:
Please see the attached screenshot.

I created a custom dialog in IS2010. It has 7 fields that I need to post to my MySQL DB on my server.

Someone please tell me how to do this with example and steps. Im sure any script you give will help me as well as many others.

I think I have given all the data you need to help me get my data to POST to my db when a user clicks on the Next Button.

If you can help with checking for Internet Connection before I show this screen or else it skips it, that would be great too... Actually for someone to give me the complete solution, properly done, I am willing to pay $50 plus I'll keep it shared with the community so others can benefit.

Important - I do need to know how you did it because I am doing this on a new tests ism which I need to actually then need to move /export this solution to my existing ISM files. hope that makes sense.

I can send you my ISM if you want,

thanks everyone for your help.

Attached Images

• CustomDialog_need_to_insert_toMYSQL.jpg

Edited by Dev_Company, 14 July 2011 - 21:38.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:53

Are we talking about a local database? Then you could use a SQL script (in the SQL Scripts view).

Or do you need to send these data via http like a web form? In this case look at the CopyFile function. In szSrcFile you can specify a URL. If you pass a CGI or ASP request (for example, "http://www.mydomain....ame=Me&pwd=wow"), the response is sent to the file specified in the szTargetFile parameter.

Dev_Company

Dev_Company
  • Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 22:15

The data is not being posted locally, I need to send users data to a MYSQL DB on my server. I think that the part I am not getting is the proper sql script thats:
1. Check if net connection is there
2. Makes the connection to the MySQL DB
3. Sends the data the user entered on the form to the server MYSQL
4. Sends confirmation back to Installshield that POSTing of data was successful and continue with the Installation.

Also, Im throwing this in there to ask the question now, rather than later and its too late...
If no Internet is detected, can I have a way to Bypass that and continue on with the Installation, only for those customers that have no Internet connection?

thanks
DC

Dev_Company

Dev_Company
  • Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 22:27

I guess the images isnt opening normally for some people. here it is zipped and unzipped again.

Attached Files

Edited by Dev_Company, 20 July 2011 - 22:28.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 14:05

In SQL Scripts view you can set up a connection to a MySQL server. You will then also get a dialog where the user can establish this connection (browse for the server, provide credentials etc.). Is that was you are looking for?

Or do you send these data via http protocol, like if it were a form on a html web page?

Dev_Company

Dev_Company
  • Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 21:05

I do not want users to manually connect to the SQLDB by entering connection strings.
I want it to be seamless as possible just as if they were clicking the Submit button as they do on a HTML form.

I do need the SQL script or a sample Basic MSI that shows me how to accomplish this.

I exported my Custom Dialog for you to take a look at. I have attached it here.

thanks

Attached Files

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 14:37

All connection settings are stored in properties, so you could hard code them, or set them using a custom action for instance. You don't have to display the dialog.