This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Exit code 6008

3 replies to this topic

lespariat

lespariat
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 18:44

Hi,

i'm using is2015 with an InstallScript Project. My media is a package for the web.

I have a problem when i launch this installation under Wine (WineHq) with a windows service.
The exit code return by the installation is "-6008" ?

I would like to know if anybody have some details about this exit code. I suspect rights trouble or missing environments variables.

I can see that setup.exe and some others files are uncompressed under temp directory. I think that InstallScript is never called (trace missing).

I don't find any switch on the command line to help me ...

Thanks

Laurent

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 18:59

I've moved your question to the InstallScript section of the forum.

You get this error when your launch your setup, not during build?

What happens if you launch setup.exe from the uncompress directory, or if you build an uncompressed release?

Does your Windows Service allow user interface (usually a service shouldn't).

lespariat

lespariat
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 20:47

Hi, thanks for your response

I get this error when I launch the setup, not during build.

I don't know what happens if i launch setup.exe. It's not easy to test because the windows service is an update agent and it's difficult to change its functionnality.

This agent doesn't allow user interface but we use command line with switch hide_progress and hide_splash. Futhermore, this agent launches installation with environments variables. In installscript code, this variables cause to avoid any dialog to be visible. It's working on every Windows OS (seven, xp, Windows and server version too). The trouble is on winehq context in a wine "bottle". It was working last year with old wine version and Installshield 2013.

We suspect trouble when creating window in winstation of the windows service. 

In this context, if someone knows the real reason of exit code -6008 can really help us.

Best regards 

Laurent

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 10:50

Sorry, I don't know. If you have a maintenance plan, you could contact Flexera support, they may have details about that error code.