This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Change default install with ORCA?

4 replies to this topic

friedmanj

friedmanj
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 13:44

I'm trying to install ATT's ISP Dialer using GPO. It works, but it installs all components- the dialer, a firewall, and a GUI the firewall application. Is there a way to edit the MSI with ORCA and change the default installation options?

I have no real MSI editing experience, so I'm flying blind. Any help you can provide would be great!

Thanks

Edited by friedmanj, 07 October 2005 - 14:17.

mandy

mandy
  • Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 16:19

You could download a free copy of the "InstalltTailor" tool from www.wise.com and create a tranform.

friedmanj

friedmanj
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 16:33

Mandy,

That's a great suggestion but it's one I've already tried. When I use InstallTailor, I can hide dialog boxes and agree to licensing, but the application ends and creates an MST long before I get to choose components. Any other ideas?

mandy

mandy
  • Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 16:38

I've got loads of ideas. wink.gif

Use the ADDLOCAL public property on the command line to control feature states?

Or edit the "Level" column of the "Feature" table (in your transform) with Orca, then control feature installation using the "INSTALLLEVEL" public property.

Edited by mandy, 07 October 2005 - 16:38.

friedmanj

friedmanj
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 00:53

Mandy, you kick *ss. Not only did the change take, but that thar is some good wisdom for working with all sorts of MSIs.

THANK YOU biggrin.gif