This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Can I specify which "ExistingProduct" to Remove during upgrade

1 reply to this topic

Soren Dahl

Soren Dahl
  • Full Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 09:14

We have an application that needs to be upgraded on all computers in the company.

All computers are at the moment running version 5.1 and will be upgraded to version 5.2

Unfortunately the msi-file for the new version (v5.1) does not recognize the old installed version (v5.2) and does not remove this old version before upgrading.

So we end up with both versions installed :-(

I can see that "RemoveExistingProduct" should run during upgrade, but v5.1 is still not removed.

UpgradeCode is also set in both old and new version.

Can I (preferably in an mst) specify the old version via its GUID and force the uninstallation this way?

I can understand that uninstalling via a Custom Action is out of the question, since I cannot activate msiexec.exe during the installation (only one msiexec.exe at a time).

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 16:27

First I'd suggest checking the result of the FindRelatedProducts action in the log. Also I assume that 5.1 is the old version and 5.2 is the new one?