This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Disappearing Controls?!

8 replies to this topic

Josh Luth

Josh Luth
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 September 2002 - 18:59

Im not sure what is going on. I run my setup and In the Customer Information Dialog, the radio buttons sometimes disappear. If I click where they should be, they show back up with the one I clicked. Also, sometimes the whole bottom have of some of my dialogs just aren't there. Again I click where there should be a button and the event still happens. So everything works, but some things just don't "show". What is going on?

jonathan2002

jonathan2002
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 September 2002 - 12:07

I had similar trouble lately. All I can say is that deleting the controls and recreating them seems to eliminate the problem.

Barbara

Barbara
  • Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 October 2002 - 14:26

I had a similar problem with RadioButtonGroup-Boxes: When the boxes had an overlying text control, sometimes this text control was not visible. I couldnt find a reason why it was sometimes visible and sometimes not. I changed the size of this group boxes and rearranged the (text-)control on my dialogs so that there were no overlapping pieces. This helped till now.

Barbara

The difference between theory and practice is larger in practice than in the theory.

quboid

quboid
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 October 2002 - 14:17

Quote (jonathan2002 @ Sep. 26 2002,11)
I had similar trouble lately. All I can say is that deleting the controls and recreating them seems to eliminate the problem.

I'm seeing the same problem on the standard unmodified LicenseAgreement page in IPWI 2.03. The upper radio button text disappears when clicked on and reappears when the lower button is clicked on.

I've tried deleting the radio group and radio buttons then recreating them but this made the problem worse - previously only the text would disappear but now the radio button disappears to.

This problem only seems to affect some machines. I've seen it once on a Windows XP machine, it is repeatable on one Windows 2000 machine but not another.

Are there any other tricks?

Jim S

Jim S
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 29 October 2002 - 23:07

The tab order of the controls could be causing a background control to get painted over other controls. See InstallShield KnowledgeBase article Q106604.
Jim Shawver
BCC Software Inc.

rambab

rambab
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 October 2002 - 07:55

We had encountered the same problem, but we had a billboard executing in the background when most of the controls especially the radio buttons were not visible until we had focused them (radio buttons).

We had to remove the Billboard to overcome the above problem.

quboid

quboid
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 October 2002 - 12:03

Ah, we've got a billboard running in the background too. I shall try turning it off to see if the problem goes away.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

Josh Luth

Josh Luth
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 November 2002 - 18:35

Yep... I found that getting rid of the billboards fixed everything.... oh well, those weren't really NEEDED anyway.

_doog_

_doog_
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 November 2002 - 18:16

the problem with RadioButtonGroup is the following (took me a few hours to figure out...)

When you have a RadioButtonGroup WITHOUT a border, MSI creates it with BS_OWNERDRAW
if you set HasBorder to TRUE, it is created with BS_GROUPBOX

so setting HasBorder to TRUE removes all refresh problems, or you handle the REDRAW request by yourself