This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

The feature you are trying to use is on another Di

1 reply to this topic

madmaxandme

madmaxandme
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 April 2002 - 04:28

"The feature you are trying to use is on another CD-ROM or other disk that is unavailable."

Hello, does anybody know how I can fix this?  My users can install the original install from their hard drive, and they can update this original install with a patch located on their hard drive too.  But when they're trying to use the patch located on a CD-ROM, all hell breaks loose.  I've been working on this problem for about 20 hrs now and I get this message all the freaking time.  Is this is really killing you all as much as it is killing me?

Thanks-

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 25 April 2002 - 16:33

Make sure your CD has the proper volume label, same as original CD, or if installed from hard disk, same as entry in media table, typically Disk 1 (with or without space I'm not sure).
Or package the new version as self extracting exe with PacakgeForTheWeb or some similar tool.