This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Subcomponent Behaviour

3 replies to this topic

ckilishtof

ckilishtof
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 February 2002 - 22:38

What happens to the subcomponents when you disable a component?  Do all the subcomponents get disabled?

Then what happens if you enable a component?  Do all the subcomponents get enabled or do they stay disabled?

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 27 February 2002 - 23:01

Disabled/enabled by the user or by the script?

For the user, it auto. changes the subcomponents to match.  I'm not sure if the same is true for a script, but I think that would be the case.  Otherwise, I'd have complaints.

ckilishtof

ckilishtof
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 February 2002 - 23:04

By script.

I want to know if I can rely on disabling all my components first and then selectively enabling components and their subcomponents.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 28 February 2002 - 00:35

The help topic "ComponentSelectItem " doesn't explicitly say, so I'd say try it and find out.

Keep in mind though this note from the help file:
"If you call a setup type selection function (ComponentSetupTypeSet, SetupType, SdSetupType, or SdSetupTypeEx) after calling ComponentSelectItem, the component selections set by ComponentSelectItem are overridden by the selections in the setup type."