This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Populate Edit Control with Computer Name

2 replies to this topic

tgebbie

tgebbie
  • Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 June 2001 - 01:23

I am trying to have a dialog with and edit control with variable DBSRVNAME, that gets assigned the value of the computer name that the installation is running on by default at run time and have the computer name automatically show up in the edit box when the installation is run.  I have tried the following, which didn't work:

in the Property table have DBSRVNAME assigned

Property Name           Value
DBSRVNAME              [ComputerName]

Then tried
DBSRVNAME              ComputerName

in the edit control windows I also tried to assign in the text value edit box of the Edit Control with [ComputerName] this didn't work either.

I also tried to use the function MsiGetProperty using the ComputerName property name and then MsiSetProperty to set DBSRVNAME with the value returned by MsiGetProperty but the function just assigned the string "".

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

TDG

tgebbie

tgebbie
  • Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 June 2001 - 01:38

I figured it out here is the solution:

in the the dialog prior to the dialog that will display the edit control with the computerName have the following properties:

Dialog CustomSetup:
Control Next Button:

Event                          Argument                       Condition
[DBSRVNAME]         [ComputerName]         1

DBSRVNAME is property value of the edit control in the next Dialog to be display after the CustomSetup Dialog.

TDG