This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Differences between Windows 2000 vanilla and SP2?

2 replies to this topic

Smalls

Smalls
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 October 2002 - 23:45

Hi all,

Running the installer under Windows 2000 SP2, I've been able to use custom action 19 errors, as well as returning ERROR_INSTALL_FAILURE from functions in a DLL.  In these cases, the installer will invoke the FatalError dialog and gracefully exit when the user clicks the finish button.  However, if I run under a vanilla install of Window 2000 (no service packs), I get the following error messagebox:

The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package.  This may indicate a problem with this package.  The error code is 2735.

If I click OK, my installer simply hangs.  Is this a backwards compatibility issue of some sort?  Is there a way to workaround this problem?  Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

hambone

hambone
  • Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 22 October 2002 - 17:02

this error seems to be pointing to a problem with a custom action in your install.  

you could create a full-verbose log of the install to narrow down the issue... to determine the c.a. in question.  then review what it is that the ca is trying to perform...

Philip

Philip
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 October 2002 - 17:49

MS KB Q282879, Q281492