This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Launch exe and pass parameters from custom action

1 reply to this topic

gbyers

gbyers
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 February 2002 - 12:02

The problem i am having is probably really really simple.  I want to launch an executable from a custom action, the MDAC 2.6 SP1 setup to be exact.  And no before you ask i dont want to use the merge module.  I want to perform a completely silent install, and as far as i can see this is the best way of doing it.  I am installing MDAC_typ.exe with my product.  The issue lies in the TARGET field where i have tried various permuatations to try and launch MDAC.  Which either results in an internal error in installshield or MDAC reporting an invalid command line arguements.  Can someone give me an example of the TARGET field when passing parameters to an executable that is specified in the SOURCE.  Sorry to ask such a stupid question but it is really getting agrivating now.  Thanks in advance, Gordon

gbyers

gbyers
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 February 2002 - 12:32

don't worry - upgraded to V2.03 and seems to work fine