This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Internal Error 2103.26

5 replies to this topic

cmoore23

cmoore23
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 April 2002 - 08:48

Running my MSI manually with command line of q, qb or qr works fine, but running prior to logon (as admin) produces :

Internal Error 2103.26

running without the command line always seems to work though.  

Any suggestions welcomed!

mikeniccum

mikeniccum
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 April 2002 - 23:19

I also received this errorcode while trying to install rightfax client 8.01 when i use switches...

I called RightFax and they said I need to put the switches in the setup.ini on the CMDLINE=

ex. CMDLINE=/qb

cmoore23

cmoore23
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 April 2002 - 07:16

Ok, I have a dirty little secret.  What I was ashamed to say  :(  is that we use Wise for Windows Installer to create our MSI files and not Installshield.  Thus, the setup.ini doesnt exist.

I tried passing CMDLINE=/qb on the cmdline to the MSI file but it obviously just ignored it and did a fully interactive install.

It seems that maybe Installshield may build in some form of bug-fix for this problem that Wise does not.  I'll keep trying with variations of this just in case something clicks.  Any other help or suggestions (clean) would be really welcome.

cmoore23

cmoore23
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 April 2002 - 07:18

I should point out that if I had my way, we'd still be using Installshield, from which I always had excellant support.  *sigh*

:(

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 24 April 2002 - 19:59

From MSI Help:
Error 2103 = Could not resolve path for shell folder [2].

From Shlobj.h (0x1a=26):
#define CSIDL_APPDATA  0x001a  // <user name>\Application Data

Take a look at your registry. Maybe there's a wrong entry for this path under HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Explorer\ShellFolders or the same key under HKCU

cmoore23

cmoore23
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 April 2002 - 04:47

:)

The good news is that the problem was  related to there not being a profile (i.e. HKCU) when the install is run.

When running interactively, a prompt is displayed asking if the install is for 'all users' or a 'single user'.  The default being 'all users', it is not unreasonable to have expected that this be the case when a quiet install is requested.  Rule number 1: nothing in Windows is reasonable!  It obviously defaulted to 'single user', and because there was no HKCU, had the error.

By creating a property (ALLUSERS) and setting the value to "1", the MSI defaults to 'all users' and does not attempt to resolve the shell folder path.

Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction!