This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Windows Installer 4.5

2 replies to this topic

zmfcat1

zmfcat1
  • Full Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 20:59

Hi
IS version is: InstallShield 2008
Target machine: Windows Vista/ Windows 2008

I have a SetupPrerequiste to deploy Windows Installer 4.5 prior to running my setup program. The installer fails to extract the *.msu package to C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp with an error 1152.

Does any one have experience in deploying a msu package via SetupPrerequiste?
On InstallShield 2008 a redistributable package is not available to do the same. Thx.

timstspry

timstspry
  • Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 03:00

I am running InstallShield Professional 2008 and I have a prerequisite for Windows Installer 4.5. albeit it says the minimum required Operating System is Windows XP SP2 or later (x86). I am assuming that this would work on Vista. Have you applied all available updates for IS 2008? Also, could you not write your own prerequisite for this?

Tim

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 15:01

MSI 4,5 can be installed on Vista and Vista SP1, but is already included in Vista SP2.
For a table of all MSI versions and their platform support, including download links for redistributables, please see the matrix at
http://www.msifaq.com/a/1001.htm

Please check your license agreement with Microsoft before redistributing mSUs that you downlaoded.