InstallShield 2009 is available
InstallShield 2009 - which is internally version 15.0 - is the first InstallShield release under the new company name Acresso. New features in this version include:
- Managed Code Custom Actions - now you can write your custom actions in .NET languages like C#
- Multiple Instance Installs - let users install multiple copies of your product side by side
- Installation Chaining - use the new multi-package transaction support in MSI 4.5
- Setup Prerequisites based on feature selection
- Visual Studio 2008 support
- New and improved MSI tools
- MSI 4.5 Support (based on the beta version of MSI 4.5)
- Hebrew and Arabic language support (in Premier Edition only)
- Value Added Service - you can (optionally) install the Yahoo! Toolbar with your setup, which might be useful if your product is ad-funded.
Fortunately, you don't have to use the Value Added Services (they are opt-in), and there are plenty other new features that make InstallShield 2009 a very interesting release.
InstallShield 2009 Premier and Professional are available today in English, German and Japanese. The Express edition is on a different release schedule and stays at version 2008.