This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Calling a Ax DLL with IS Professional

1 reply to this topic

nnewell1

nnewell1
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 September 2003 - 22:11

I have used Desaware's Spyworks to create a wrapper around my ActiveX DLL so I can call it from IS Pro. I can call all the functions; however I am having difficulty with STRINGS within the function calls.

For example:
sString = "Hello"

Public Function TestHello(ByVal sString As String) As String
    TestHello = sString
End Function

will give me the correct responce. Yet if I snoop the actual value while in the fucntion - it looks like "??????Q????". So if I try to do anything to the variable within the function I will be operating on "??????Q????" and not "Hello".

This is a simplified version of my actual problem. I just cannot seem to get it to work. Has anyone worked with this utility before http://www.desaware.com/SpyWorksL2.htm ?

btw - i think this post needs to be moved to a more appopriate category smile.gif

Edited by nnewell1, 23 September 2003 - 22:14.

nnewell1

nnewell1
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 September 2003 - 23:45

well, i answered my own question.... dropped this desaware spyworks thing, and went straight to COM objects in InstallShield. so easy now...