This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Need help with user interface flow

3 replies to this topic

JerryLinch

JerryLinch
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 March 2001 - 04:11

I have two problems I'm trying to deal with:

1) Is there a way to not have the dialog box stating that the existing version of the Installer engine is older than the one being installed with be displayed at install time? This is merely a nuisance, but I would really like to get rid of it.

2) This is the real problem. When the user gets to the Ready To Install dialog box and presses "Install", the user is taken back to the Welcome dialog. Clicking through the dialogs again results in the installation actually happening. This is a very basic install - all I added to the sequence was a splash screen (which displays correctly). How do I fix this?

I just updated to InstallShield Professional for Windows Installer version 2.03.

Leigh Ravenhall

Leigh Ravenhall
  • Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 21 March 2001 - 04:38

Problem 1:  Select Releases from under Prepare for distribution.  Scroll down the list of properties in the right hand window.  At the bottom of the list is a property called "Suppress Launcher Warning".  Set that to yes to eliminate the dialog box.

Problem 2:  I'm assuming that you used the included splash screen.  If that is the case, in the User Interface sequence, delete the reference to Install Welcome.  What was happening was the splash screen calls Install Welcome from its next button.    It then goes through the entire sequence of chained dialogs.  When it finishes after Ready To Install, it then continues through the User Interface sequence, and immediately encounters another Install Welcome, where it starts again.  If you remove the Install Welcome from the sequence, it should fix your problem.

JerryLinch

JerryLinch
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 March 2001 - 04:43

Thank You Thank You Thank You

I'm new to this version of the product - I just didn't look far enough.