This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

refresh current dialog?

3 replies to this topic

Devon Anderson

Devon Anderson
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 August 2001 - 20:54

is there any way to refresh a dialog? if i create a custom action to modify a radio/checkbutton value, it doesnt refresh the control's status to the correct value! most strange.

cheers, :-)
Devon

Edge

Edge
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 September 2001 - 12:55

Hi,
I'm also having a refresh problem.  I posted it in the Developer 7 topic -> properties and controls.
In some cases, the controls get refreshed, p.e. when the you push cancel and choose not to end the installation. (The dialog should appear on top of the control).
Now I try to enforce a refresh using a custom action which calls SendMessage. I want to send a windows message to the current window to force a refresh, but it doesn't work yet.
If you have a solution, please post it somewhere on the forum.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 01 September 2001 - 17:44

You have to create a twin dialog that looks identical to the original one. You button click should take you from the original to the copy, and vice versa.
Background: dialogs don't refresh in general, you have to reload the dialog to put changes into effect. Exception from this rule is if you change anything that sends a message that causes a refresh. One such thing is the selection of a radio button (as you can see in the liocense dialog where the Next button is disabled until the user accepts the agreement). I'm not sure if there's another way to trigegr a refresh, or which windows messages you'd have to send. But the twin dialog works reliably.

Edge

Edge
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 September 2001 - 13:33

Yes Stefan, In the newsgroups I read this method also and I tried it.  But as I described in the Developer topic, I can't use this method, because my dialog should 'refresh' when I select another element in a listbox. So there's no button event. And a listbox already fires an event when it's loaded, so it switches immediately to the copy of the dialog continuously.

I already tried to put some conditions,( depending on the current and last selected item,) before an event should occur, but it didn't workout yet.