On February 5th, 2009 Caphyon Ltd. announced the latest edition of its Windows Installer authoring tool. The new Advanced Installer enables developers and system administrators to easily build and repackage complex applications into reliable, ready to deploy MSI and EXE installers, patches and on-line updates.
The 6.8 version makes switching to Windows Installer easier than ever before by importing Inno Setup projects. Move to MSI setups without losing the time and effort already invested into your installers.
New predefined Custom Actions allow you to list all databases users can connect to in the installation UI, detect processes or services and call any function in any standard DLL.
Customize multiple installers generated from a single project with different GUI themes according to each target market and audience.
Other improvements in this version:
- Import Inno Setup projects
- Call function from standard DLL predefined custom action
- Ability to add new dialogs directly in the UI Sequence
- List all databases the user can connect to
- Detect process and stop process predefined custom actions
- Detect service predefined custom action
- Per-build GUI themes
- Ability to condition standard actions
- Detailed information when trying to remove a referenced file, folder or property
- Wizard for "Browse IIS Websites & Virtual Directories" predefined custom action
- Wizard for "Browse for SQL Servers" predefined custom action
- Installed Office 2003 application predefined launch condition
For more information about Advanced Installer please see:
(Text based on a press release from Caphyon Ltd.)