This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

configuring Setup.ini

3 replies to this topic

BobRouse

BobRouse
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 22 August 2001 - 22:51

Two questions (NOTE: I am using ISWI 2.03):
1) The Setup.ini has a parameter called "CMDLine". Am I correct in assuming that whatever is put here is appended to the "Setup" command line (such as parameters for creating a log)?
2) Is there somewhere in the InstallShield IDE where I can specify what this is so that this parameter value is populated when the install is built?

Thanks,
Bob Rouse
Netuitive, Inc.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 23 August 2001 - 06:12

1) It is appended to the msiexec command line. Setup.exe calls msiexec /i >path to msi> <your parameters>. Yes, you can turn on logging this way.

2) Unfortunately, no. The INI file is re-created (overwritten) each time you build the release. You can keep a copy of the modified INI and copy it to the disk1 directory after each build.

mab

mab
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 June 2002 - 17:46

If I am reading this reply correctly, does this mean there is no way, even through install script, to populate the cmdline in setup.ini until after it is created through the build? We need to set that cmdline only if Win 9X OS is detected and wanted to do so through installscripting. Is this possible?