This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Help choose between ISMP and IS Developer 7 for Java/Windows

1 reply to this topic

matthew

matthew
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 October 2001 - 14:25

Hello all -

I am new to Installshield (not yet purchased). My employer is developing a Java-based product that will initially run only on Windows 2000 Server. Other components include a Java app server (initially Websphere, but is app server-neutral) and Oracle/SQL Server.

Given that we will probably not be releasing a non-Windows version in the next year -- likely will, after that -- which release of Installshield should we purchase? the MP release or the Windows (Developer 7) one?

Any assistance is appreciated.

Regards,
Matthew

robsahm

robsahm
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 December 2001 - 07:06

Hey there :)  If you need to support non windows platforms then you need to go ISMP.  Dev7 only supports windows.  ISMP is very powerful, the only draw back is you need to learn and get a handle on the ISMP API's.  Once you do that its cake.  It took me about 2 weeks to get comfortable with the API and IS support for ISMP is excelent, they have some really good folks supporting this product.