This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

IIS check on Install

1 reply to this topic

lherz

lherz
  • Full Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 20:32

I have a basic msi project in IS 11.5 that contains 3 features, one of which requires IIS for a virtual directory and application. My problem is that the installation is checking for the presence of IIS no matter what feature or features are selected for install.

Two of the features have no need for IIS, but as long as the feature requiring IIS is part of the installation, the IIS check is performed on ANY installation. I know that the end user can

I found that there was a possible, but untested, solution to the problem if I was creating an installscript installation, but I am creating a basic MSI and have no access to the functions that the proposed possible solution referenced.

Has anyone out there done this? I can't believe that I am the only one that is using a basic MSI that has encountered this issue...

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 13:41

Is the IIS check listed under General Information > Product Proeprties > Install Conditions ?