This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Multiple Script files

5 replies to this topic

BobRouse

BobRouse
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 24 July 2001 - 15:40

I would like to group certain "reusable" homegrown InstallScript functions into files to leverage development time and minimize maintenance. However, compilation fails when a script calls a function in a different script file. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Bob Rouse
Netuitive, Inc.

Leigh Ravenhall

Leigh Ravenhall
  • Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 25 July 2001 - 00:30

Have you done a #include <scriptfile> in your main setup.rul?

BobRouse

BobRouse
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 25 July 2001 - 14:28

Yeah, that worked, thanks....

Is there any problem using a "public" variable declared in one InstallScript file in a different InstallScript file? Will the value be carried over from one script to the next? Or do I need to write it to and read it from a property?

Thanks,

Bob Rouse
Netuitive, Inc.

Leigh Ravenhall

Leigh Ravenhall
  • Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 26 July 2001 - 00:10

Global variables declared in one file should be accessable from another.

nrlaing

nrlaing
  • Full Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 20:26

I'm having the same issue. I define a global variable in "Setup.rul", after my prototypes, but before any function definitions. This global is available to functions defined in setup.rul, but not to functions defined in another .rul file that is #included in setup.rul.

There are a few threads that have this same issue... anyone?

nrlaing

nrlaing
  • Full Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 14:32

I've figured out something that works. After I moved all of my Global variables and prototypes out of the .rul file, into a .h file of the same name, everything compiled fine. Not quite sure why it would work this way...