This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Creating a single file installation

4 replies to this topic

P.J.

P.J.
  • Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 01:10

Hi Forum!

This is my first post.

I have Install Shield 11 Professional. I am trying to create a single executable installation but I have not figured out how to do it. I think I am making all the correct selections but it keeps producing multiple files.

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 05:12

I am not sure which type of file you want, a single EXE file or a single MSI file. If you want an EXE file I believe you have to select the Web Download release type. To get an MSI with files compiled into it I believe the setting would be CDROM image and setting the compressed property to yes / true. I don't have installshield installed here, so this is from memory.
Regards
-Stein Åsmul

P.J.

P.J.
  • Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 18:28

QUOTE (Glytzhkof @ 2006-10-14 05:12)
I am not sure which type of file you want, a single EXE file or a single MSI file. If you want an EXE file I believe you have to select the Web Download release type. To get an MSI with files compiled into it I believe the setting would be CDROM image and setting the compressed property to yes / true. I don't have installshield installed here, so this is from memory.

Thanks Stein,

Taking your advice, I went to the Project Assistant tab (there are three tabs, the "Start Page", the "Project Assistant" and the "Installation Designer") and I clicked on the option to build for the Internet release. But it produces multiple files.

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 21:16

Right click a release in the release view, run the release wizard, click next several times until you get to media type, select network image, click next, select compress all files, next then uncheck create setup.exe launcher, click next until the release builds. When complete, select Tools : Open release folder.
Regards
-Stein Åsmul

P.J.

P.J.
  • Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 12:12

Well, I got it working but after adding a new MSM file to the project I find I have some new problems.

I will start a new discussion thread for it.