This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

MsiGetProperty

3 replies to this topic

hanssen

hanssen
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 13:26

I got a Standard project on Installshield Developer 7. I am using a compressed release, and my problem is that i cant find the path to the directory where the setup.exe is located. SRCDIR gives me the path to a temp-folder where it is uncompressed. I've done a lot of searching, and MsiGetProperty seems to be the answer, but how can I use it, and can I use it in a standard project? I do know that by using an uncompressed project, this problem is omitted, but I need a compressed one.

The reason why i need the setup.exe directory is that my installation somethimes require a very large file, and I dont want to include it in the setupfile itself, i want it to look for it in the same directory.

http://support.insta...ticleid=Q105487
This is the link where I got the tip avout MsiGetProperty.

I am very uncertain about what to write in hMSI argument...

Any help would be apreciated.

Hanssen

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 08:07

MsiGetProperty won't help. The msi runs from the temp folder.
The system variable SETUPEXEDIR is what you need, but I don't think it existed in version 7 but was added in a later version.

hanssen

hanssen
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 08:53

Thanks
I ment that i could get the SETUPEXEDIR variable by using MsiGetProperty, but i see now that I did not even mention SETUPEXEDIR. So there is no way I can get that directory, unless i dont compress the project...(?)

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 10:15

You can use SETUPEXEDIR directly in your script, no need for MsiGetProperty. But only if SETUPEXEDIR exists in your verison of InstallShield. I'm not sure if it existed in Developer 7 or was added in a later version.